A youthful and unblemished face is one of the most sought assets in the modern world for obvious reasons. No matter how much you gloom yourself, if your face doesn’t look attractive, you may not impress anyone. Facial beauty not only reflects our healthy lifestyle, but also lifts our self-confidence enabling us to live a satisfying life. But illnesses, exposure to pollutants and age can damage our facial skin, making us look old. Aging effects on the face can range from sagging skin to wrinkles. While surgical methods have been a popular solution to these effects, some people are hesitant to go under the knife. Fortunately, with modern technologies and techniques, you can have a facelift without surgery and still have your youthful looks back. In this article we will take a look at the trending non-surgical facelift procedures that can work for you.
Why are facelift without surgery becoming popular?
Doctors have always recommended surgical facelift procedures as the solitary effective treatment to gain back a young looking face. However, in the past few years, surgeons and patients have embraced other cosmetic procedures that do not require surgery. This trend has made surgery only a choice but not a necessity to beautifying your face. According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) plastic surgery 2017 report, doctors performed over 15.7M non-surgical procedures in 2017. This represented 137% increase within a period of 16 years, while surgical procedures decreased by 6% over the same period.
It is evident that people are opting for facelift without surgery over procedures involving the knife. This trend of embracing nonsurgical facelift methods results from a number of factors including:
- The internet and social media – We are living in a digital world where information is easily accessible, which means that people have become more aware than ever. Besides, with social media, people have become sensitive of how they look. Social networks have put pressure on us to look for ways to fix flaws that compromise our appearance.
- Advanced technology – Technology continues to provide convenient and easy ways of solving problems. Today, there are a variety of technologies and innovative cosmetic procedures which gives effective facelift results. Thus, you don’t need surgical methods to have a flawless appearance.
- We have become a busy society – In the modern world, people have too much to accomplish but no enough time. Non-surgical facelift alternative can remove aging signs and restore your young-looking face without taking too much of your time.
What is facelift without surgery?
When you reach a particular age, you will start observing some aging symptoms on your face. These signs include: wrinkles, sagging or loose skin and skin inelasticity, which can make you look older that your years. This is common for people above 40 years, though you may experience early aging symptoms at a younger age. The signs can worsen with time, becoming a bother and may lower your self-esteem. If you are uncomfortable with invasive facelift treatment, then facelift without surgery is the ideal solution for your cosmetic needs.
Non-surgical facelift is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that reduces the effects of aging, therefore improving the facial skin. It gives you a fresher and younger looking face without leaving any marks or scars on your hairline. It covers an array of beauty treatment including injections, non-invasive laser treatment, ultherapy, facial toning and cryolift among others. These procedures can either be used independently or as combinations depending on your targeted results. You may need to consult your dermatologist as well. Do a bit of research to understand the options that are best suited for your cosmetic goals. What’s more, your outer skin will not be harmed or scarred. There are more benefits that make this type of cosmetic procedures more attractive to patient who fear surgical methods.
Benefits of Facelift without Surgery Treatments
There are several bonuses linked with having a facelift without surgery including:
- Immediate and Natural Results – Different treatments use the latest technologies to smoothen wrinkles and plump up your face, shaping the facial contours and skin. They effectively give your skin a more natural, fresh, and renewed appearance instantly.
- Cost – In general, non-surgical facelifts are relatively cheaper in regards to both financial and non-monetary costs. Besides, the procedure does not require time off work as you can resume normal duties almost immediately.
- Lower Risk – Most patients fear surgical facelift procedures due to the high risk of complication. With these non-invasive treatments, you can enjoy your new look stress free.
- Less Pain and Side Effects – Patients don’t experience pain and if any, it is mild and bearable both during and after the procedure. Additionally, they have no side effects and if any, they are mild and short-lived.
- Little Downtime and Recovery Time – No need for extensive preparation. It can take between 30 to 60 minutes depending on the patient’s requirements. Again, you don’t need days off work to recover as the recovery process is almost instant.
- Minimal Aftercare – Though you will need care after the procedure, it is not intense as with facelift surgery, which requires special medication. Within 2 to 3 days you should be free from any discomfort. No wounds or scars to worry about.
What are the most effective non-surgical facelift procedures?
Unfortunately, there is no one treatment that fits all. Therefore, the most effective procedure depends on your cosmetic goals among other factors. However, it is important to note that the methods used and the competence of your doctor can influence the results.
The success of a particular procedure depends on how long its effects will last, downtime and how natural the results are. To identify the most effective non-surgical facelift for you, it is advisable to discuss various options with a qualified cosmetic doctor. Below we have listed a number of common procedures which could work for you.
Popular non-surgical facelift treatments
1. Botox Injections
Botox is one of the most popular non-surgical face lift options. Doctors inject into the facial muscle which relaxes the muscles by altering the nerves. The process removes wrinkles, creases and fine line, which results from contraction of facial muscles. The effects of Botox are evident within 3-7 days after treatment, and can last for 10 to 12 weeks after the injections.
Botox has no serious side effects. In rare cases patients may experience temporary swelling, redness and irritation around the injected area. For the best results you can combine laser lift with others.
2. Dermal Fillers Facelift
This treatment involves use of filler injections to restore the facial volume. They are used on the lower face to plump any sunken part of the face that causes sagging skin. They effectively reduce sagging skin and jowls, and only takes a few minutes. Examples of effective dermal fillers include:
- Collagen fillers – Such as Cosmoderm, Evolence and Cosmoplast.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers – Such as Juverderm, Voluma, Restylane and Belotero among others.
- Semi-permanent fillers – Like the Radiesse and Sculptra.
- Permanent fillers – Such as Bellafill.
3. Laser Face Lifts
This involves use of laser energy which is placed beneath the skin. The lasers heat the collagen gently to expand it, thus tightens the skin and shrinks the damaged capillaries. To get the best results, you may combine laser lift with other non-surgical treatments.
4. Ultherapy Face Lift
This treatment involves the use of ultrasound technology. It allows the doctors to see the parts of the face to deposit energy that triggers a natural creation of collagen. This gives rise to new flesh that makes the face firmer and smooth. It is one of the most effective procedure for fighting aging symptoms on your face.
5. Cryolift Treatment
This procedure involves delivery of CO2 and hyaluronic acid beneath the skin. The acid and the gas lower the temperature causing oxygenated blood to run on the skin surface. It is known to moisturize the skin and minimizes inflammation. The best part is that it has minimal downtime, results are instant, and works on all skin types.
How long will the non-surgical facelift treatments last?
When considering non-surgical facelift, you probably like to know how long the results will last. This will depend on the type of procedure(s) you choose, and your skin type. But most of these treatments are temporary; meaning you will need to repeat the procedure to maintain their effects.
For instance the effects of Botox injections may last for up to 3 months. Your doctor should advise you on when to return for a repeat treatment. However, you can tell when the treatments are wearing off. With regular maintenance and follow-up sessions, the effects of the treatment may last longer.
Do you want youthful face, but fear surgical procedures? With new technology in the cosmetic medicine, you can have a quick facelift without surgery, and get natural results. Although non-surgical procedures require ongoing treatment, they carry numerous benefits such as lower cost and minimal to zero downtime. However, it is critical to discuss available options with your facial doctor to select the right procedure for your goals.