We are living in the digital era in which social media and selfies have taken a good part in our daily life, and flawless looks have become a priority for both men and women alike. Besides, a tight, smooth and younger looking face can be your source of self-confidence and a sign of overall body health. Unfortunately, our skin can become dull, sagged and wrinkled as we age, or due to exposure to other skin-damaging conditions. Normally, we run for expensive beauty products which in most cases are temporal or never work as we expect. With the below facelift mask ideas, you can make your face look younger and firmer even in your 50’s without burdening your face with loads of makeup or facial surgery.
The Beauty of Looking and Feeling Young
We all get older with time but nobody wants to look 50 years when they are only at 30. As a matter of fact, when we look younger than our actual age, we become more confident before others as well as feel more energetic for life. A Danish study published in BMJ concluded that individuals who appear younger than their age tend to have a longer life span than those who are judged to be older based on their appearance. Moreover, younger looks influence the way people think about us and our capability, and can be a source of your happiness and daily motivation.
However, there are several threats that keep us away from looking as youthful as we always want by making the skin dry, wrinkled and lose including:
- UV rays from the sun.
- Some chemicals in beauty products.
- Unhealthy lifestyle (such as poor diet, smoking, stress, insufficient rest, lack of exercise and too much alcohol).
- Other pollutants in the air.
The above factors break down elastin and collagen, the two proteins responsible for keeping the skin sag-free, firm and smooth, loosening the skin around the face. While there is no way to fully control some of these factors, the good news is that face mask can give your face a lift, making your skin firmer, smoother and brighter. Before we explore some of the top-tightening face mask tips, let’s first look at what really happens behind the sagging skin.
What Causes the Dull, Saggy and Wrinkled Skin?
Sagging skin is as a result of three main issues within the body:
- The weakening of connective tissues – With age, the connective tissues which support the bones and the cartilages grow weaker. This in turn weakens the skin around making it loosen.
- Weight loss/ gain – Rapid weight loss like when you are dieting or massive weight gain such as pregnancy can form a loose skin.
- Non-uniform fat distribution – Uniform fat distribution holds the skin up evenly but if some areas lose this fat, they form clumps which sag due to gravitational pull.
Luckily, you can avoid these situations by adopting a simple skincare routine to remedy saggy facial, or take the appropriate protective measures to keep your skin tight and glowing from within.
Do I need facial surgery or makeup to have a youthful face?
In most cases, we rush to have a facial makeover through surgical method or apply makeup, not knowing we can easily transform our complexion using natural face masks which we can actually make at home. While face uplift surgery has worked for many people, they are costly and can sometimes go wrong, developing other complications. On the other hand, makeup can enhance your facial looks but unfortunately, the beauty is only short lived and you have to apply every morning and at times more than once a day. Besides, some chemicals in the makeup may react with your skin causing more harm than cure.
Surprisingly, a skin firming mask could be the best solution for your facelift needs. It gives you permanent healthy skins making your face look not only younger, but also glow with awe from inside.
Why Face Masking is an Ideal Skincare Practice?
If you are still not convinced, here are the main reasons why and how face masks can boost your looks:
- Masking is efficient and fun – A facelift mask can be a remedy to a wide range of skin problems including dehydration, acne treatment, dark marks, and many more. They can have many different ingredients from fruits and other natural products which nourishes your skin giving it a flawless complexion. What’s more, they can be used on different types of skins and deliver immediate results. However, if you go for ready-made masks, it is important to consider the ingredients present to avoid toxic chemicals on your face.
- Deep penetration of ingredient – Generally, face masks stay on the face for at least ten minutes enabling penetration of the ingredients deep into the skin, giving your face an instant glow and a healthy younger look. Moreover, masks remove excess impurities and dirt on and underneath the skin like dead cells which makes the skin look dull and tired.
- Masks complement your skin glooming routine – The secret of effective face glooming is having a healthy natural skin. Facelift mask makes your face healthy allowing quick absorption of other care products for instant results. Additionally, deep cleansing can improve blood circulation, which expands the skin blood vessels giving it a better tone and glow.
- Masking sessions have therapeutic benefits – When you are masking your face, you get the opportunity to relax and have your personal time as you work on your skin. This can be an effective way to reduce stress.
Top Face Lift Mask Tips
- Sun-block protection – Wearing sunscreen with sun proof factor (SPF) will protect your skin against environmental factors such as UV rays, dust, heat and toxic emissions, which can easily weigh down the benefits of your face mask.
- Face Steam – You should steam your face or take a hot shower before you apply the facelift mask to open up the skin pores. This allows faster absorption of the ingredients from the mask.
- Give it time – After applying the face mask, give it at least 10 to 15 minutes. This allows it to harden and absorption to take place. Then rinse the mask in cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer – Face masks deeply cleanse the dirt and dead cells of the skin and can wash away protective oils. For the best results, you need to use a moisturizer to keep the skin moist and firm as well as close the pores on the skin.
- Complement your facial mask with a healthy lifestyle – The health of your skin depends on several other things, so it is important to practice a healthy lifestyle to get the best result from the masking. This may include:
- Getting sufficient sleep (8 to 10 hours of sleep per day).
- Taking a lot of water (8 glasses per day).
- Regular physical exercise.
- Healthy diet.
- Quit and avoid smoking.
3 Homemade Face Mask Recommendations to Transform your Face
- Banana and Honey Face Mask
Mix 1-2 tablespoons of honey with ½ mashed banana and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir to get a smooth pack. Spread the paste all over your face and neck and leave it for about 20 minutes. You can use a quarter cup of natural yoghurt in place of olive oil. Once the mask is dry rinse it with slightly warm water and then with cold water.
Banana works by moisturizing the skin as well as boosting its elasticity which makes the loose skin firm while honey and yoghurt/ olive oil as antioxidants which repairs damaged cells.
- Egg and Yoghurt Facial Mask
Mix the egg white part of an egg with 1-2 tablespoons of yoghurt and small ½ teaspoon sugar, and stir the mixture to form a uniform paste. Apply the paste and leave it until dry then rinse with slightly warm water.
Egg white contains albumin, which is a skin tightening ingredient while the yoghurt and sugar cleanse the skin by removing the dead skin cells and moisturizing the skin.
- Oatmeal Facial Mask
Mix grainy ground powder of oats with gram flour rose water and honey to form a uniform paste. Apply the mask and leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cold water. Oatmeal in the pack unclogs the skin pores by absorbing dirty build ups. Additionally, it has antioxidants which repairs damaged skin cells while the honey and the gram flour nourishes the skin and works as anti-aging factor.
No one would like to have dull skin or look older than their actual age, so it is important to develop an effective skincare routine to keep your face looking young and bright. Though makeup and surgery are known methods of making your face more attractive, protecting your face from extreme environmental factors such as cold, direct sunburn and contact with toxic substances can as well help you keep your skin tight and smooth. Furthermore, you can use a variety of DIY or readymade face lift mask to further enhance your facial beauty. However, it is critical to consider your skincare needs and choose the mask with the right ingredients for your particular skin.